In this episode, Conor and Bryce interview Richard Feldman, creator of the Roc programming language, about the last edition of the Strange Loop conference, virtual vs in-person events and more.
About the Guest:
Richard Feldman is the creator of the Roc programming language, the host of the Software Unscripted podcast, and the author of Elm in Action from Manning Publications. He teaches online courses on Frontend Masters: Introduction to Rust, Introduction to Elm, and Advanced Elm. Outside of programming, he’s a fan of strategy games, heavy metal, powerlifting, and puns!
Date Recorded: 2023-11-13
Date Released: 2023-11-17
- Software Unscripted Podcast
- Why Isn’t Functional Programming the Norm? – Richard Feldman
- Strange Loop Conference
- “The Economics of Programming Languages” by Evan Czaplicki (Strange Loop 2023)
- “Software & The Game of Go” by David Nolen (Strange Loop 2023)
- “A Long Strange Loop” by Alex Miller (Strange Loop 2023)
Intro Song Info
Miss You by Sarah Jansen https://soundcloud.com/sarahjansenmusic
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download / Stream: http://bit.ly/l-miss-you
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/iYYxnasvfx8