In this episode, Bryce and Conor interview Kate Gregory about her career history.
About the Guest:
Kate Gregory is an author, sought-after conference speaker, trainer, Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP), and partner at Gregory Consulting. Kate has been using C++ since before Microsoft had a C++ compiler. She is an early adopter of many software technologies and tools, and a well-connected member of the software development community.
Kate is one of the founders of #include whose goal is a more welcoming and inclusive C++ community. She also serves on the board of directors of Cpp Toronto, a non-profit organization that provides an open, inclusive, and collaborative place where software developers can meet and discuss topics related to C++ software development.
Date Recorded: 2022-08-15
Date Released: 2022-08-26
- Episode 30: Stop Teaching C (When Teaching C++)
- Episode 148: C++ Simplicity
- Episode 238: Beautiful C++
- Episode 88: Kate Gregory on C+++, VB.NET, and VSTO
- Other .Net Rocks Episodes (search “Kate Gregory”)
- C++Now 2019: Conor Hoekstra “Algorithm Intuition”
- CppCon 2015: Kate Gregory “Stop Teaching C”
- Keynote: “Am I A Good Programmer?” - Kate Gregory - CppNorth 2022
- Beautiful C++: 30 Core Guidelines for Writing Clean, Safe, and Fast Code by Guy Davidson & Kate Gregory
- WATFOR — The University of Waterloo FORTRAN IV compiler
- PluralSight - Kate Gregory
- NDC TechTown - Magazinet Kongsberg (29 Aug – 1 Sept)
Intro Song Info
Miss You by Sarah Jansen https://soundcloud.com/sarahjansenmusic
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download / Stream: http://bit.ly/l-miss-you
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/iYYxnasvfx8