In this episode, Bryce and Conor continue their conversation with Ben Deane about C++ Algorithms!
About the Guest:
For Ben Deane, C++ wasn’t even among the first 10 languages that he learned on his programming journey, but it’s been the one that has paid the bills for the last 20-odd years. He spent most of that time in the games industry; many of the games he worked on used to be fondly remembered but now he’s accepted that they are probably mostly forgotten. These days he works in the finance industry writing high-frequency trading platforms in the most modern C++ that compilers can support.
In his spare time he watches a lot of YouTube’s educational sector, practices the Japanese art of tsundoku, reads about the history of programming, avoids doing DIY, and surprises his wife by waking in the middle of the night yelling, “of course, it’s a monad!” before going back to sleep and dreaming of algorithms.
Date Recorded: 2022-04-19
Date Released: 2022-05-06
- ADSP Episode 72: C++ Algorithm Family Feud!
- ADSP Episode 75: C++ Algorithms with Ben Deane (Part 1)
- Felipe Tweet
- C++Now 2017: Ben Deane & Jason Turner “constexpr ALL the things!”
- Tyler Weaver Tweet
- Douglas McIlroy
- LambdaConf 2015 - Haskell Nuggets Power Series Brought to Life Doug McIlroy
- A Killer Adversary for Quicksort by Doug McIlroy
- Programming Languages Virtual Meetup
- Seven Languages in Seven Weeks by Bruce Tate
- Scala Programming Language
- To Mock a Mockingbird
- “Point-Free or Die: Tacit Programming in Haskell and Beyond” by Amar Shah
- Haskell Curry
Intro Song Info
Miss You by Sarah Jansen https://soundcloud.com/sarahjansenmusic
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download / Stream: http://bit.ly/l-miss-you
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/iYYxnasvfx8