In this episode, Bryce and Conor interview Sean Parent about restarting the Adobe Software Technology Lab.
About the Guest:
Sean Parent is a principal scientist and software architect for Adobe Photoshop. Sean has been at Adobe since 1993 when he joined as a senior engineer working on Photoshop and later managed Adobe’s Software Technology Lab. In 2009 Sean spent a year at Google working on Chrome OS before returning to Adobe. From 1988 through 1993 Sean worked at Apple, where he was part of the system software team that developed the technologies allowing Apple’s successful transition to PowerPC.
Date Recorded: 2021-07-28
Date Released: 2021-08-13
- ADSP Episode 17: Special Guest Sean Parent!
- AlexFest: Sean Parent - Meeting Alex
- ADSP Episode 28: Steve Jobs & Sean Parent
- Adobe Software Technology Lab (STLab)
- STLab on Github
- John Backus
- EBNF - Extended Backus–Naur form
- A9 Videos
- Sean Parent - Programming Conversations Lecture 5 part 1 (A9 Video)
- Elements of Programming
- Pacific++ 2018: Sean Parent “Generic Programming”
- Swift Programming Language
- Swift UI
- CppCast Episode on STLab
Intro Song Info
Miss You by Sarah Jansen https://soundcloud.com/sarahjansenmusic
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Free Download / Stream: http://bit.ly/l-miss-you
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/iYYxnasvfx8